Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Just the girls...
Today is the first day of 'real life' with Zoe. Kyle is off at work, Omie went home last nite (she's back tonite), and it's just me, Zoe, Lola, and Sophie. When Omie left it was the start of our first 24 hour 'practice period' with just our family. So far, so good. Though, starting at 5pm yesterday, Zoe has seemingly spit-up about half of her food, so we'll see how that goes. We've taken to keeping her upright for 20 mins after feeding (per this book, which is just awesome, so far - like a baby manual). That does mean, though, that each meal takes about an hour, which when she feeds every couple of hours can make for an interesting schedule. Anyways, we'll let you know how the day goes. I'm hoping we can get outside either in the stroller, or the baby sling, if I can figure out how to get Zoe into it. But right now she's sleeping, which means I'm heading off to la-la land as well. Wish us luck today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Caleb had reflux... took us forever to get it diagnosed. Feel free to email me if you want to compare notes.
Enjoy your new baby! I am sure you are doing an amazing job!
Post more pics!!!
Hey Mo:
Good news on all that stuff. Take all three to Thunderbird!
Remember what 'Bill' said, "To sleep, perchance to dream"
Dad
I'm so proud of you girls! Yes, getting the baby into the sling is a hard thing at first but wonderful once you can figure it out! I remember our first day alone and after shedding a few tears as I watched my mom board the plane, I enjoyed figuring things out...for a short amount of time - then I was happy to have whoever back!!! Mason also had reflux that went undiagnosed for 6 months. And, the doctor's big question was, "is he fussy or does he seem content?" At the time I was looking for a diagnosis he was "content" but that didn't mean his stomach was and we went through several burp cloths a day!!! Did you know that some people don't use burp cloths? Don't need em? I didn't know that so I thought my boys were "normal" spit-up babies! Wishing you the best during this special time. Love you girl!
Post a Comment