by Kyle Voosen, Guest blogger and new father
Mo and I are excited to welcome our little Zoe to the world!
The Vitals
Zoe was born at 4:10 PM on September 13, 2008. She weighed 8 lb. 1.5 oz. and was 20.75 inches tall.
The Story
Maureen will be able to provide a blow by blow synopsis a little later. Here is my attempt at the Cliff's Notes version:
Zoe did not come into the world without a fight. Maureen was making it look easy when she went from 3 cm to 9.5 cm in a matter of a few hours. We hit a stumbling block when pushing Zoe out. After Maureen pushed hard for 3 straight hours (with no anesthesia), our midwife decided that the baby was stuck and ordered a Caesarean birth.
Zoe had been wedged in Mo's pelvis for 12 hours, and the stress took its toll upon delivery. It took a few terrifying minutes to resuscitate her, but soon enough Zoe was screaming her head off as we all breathed a collective sigh of relief. Here is a picture of her right after the birth in the NICU.
Zoe...screaming
Zoe quickly turned on the charm and is now a perfectly healthy and happy newborn. On top of that I've done some research, and I can now objectively say that Zoe is the most beautiful baby ever born.
cute
The Supporting Cast
By the time Zoe was born, both sets of new grandparents were ready and waiting to welcome her into the world. We are totally grateful they were able to be here to share in the experience (and diaper change duty).
7 comments:
Congratulations Cous'! Precious Zoe is beautiful and I hear, from one proud great-aunt, that she looks like her daddy! I love the name Zoe and Frances is very special. What a perfect gift from above. Enjoy every day, even the tough ones, for they grow so very fast. How nice to have two nurses as grandmothers!!! We can't wait to hold her - I believe we'll be celebrating Christmas in Austin this December! Love all three of you.
so exciting!! congratulations!!! it's hard to believe kyle is a dad...but i know he'll be the best dad ever. welcome little zoe. you're in for a fun ride with some great parents.
Congrats to you both! I can't even imagine the birth experience- eventually I'd love to hear Mo's play by play... she's one tough cookie! But seeing the end result... awwwww... she's just so cute! Wishing you lots of snuggle time. Can't wait to see more pics!!!
Congrats to the both of you. I guess the storm really does play a role in births. She is so sweet & looks like her daddy! You both are going to have lots & lots of fun with a GIRL! What a beautiful family! Tell Mo she did an awesome job & give kisses out. Love you both!
congrats!!! so glad everyone is safe and healthy. Welcome to the world Zoe!
Congrats Proud Parents!!!
Congratulations Mom and Dad! Cheers to you both -- Zoe's a beautiful little girl!
Post a Comment