Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random June

clowning around in the bachelor pad

 I get nervous every time she goes up this huge monster slide
A bit of an update on life in general.  At the beginning of this month we ran out of the pull-ups that we brought with us (there are more coming on the boat, but no sign of the boat at this point...).  So, toilet training in full, as diapers (or 'nappies' as they are known here) are super expensive and come in small quantity packs.   About two weeks later, we got a poop in the potty, and boy was that awesome.  I had been promising her a cupcake as soon as she went poop in the potty, but wouldn't you know it the cupcake fad has not quite hit Newbury?
celebratory cupcake
So, the next day we made it over to a grocery store that had fancy cupcakes and ate that in the park.  Well, Zoe ate the frosting (purple!) and I ate the cake bit (lemon).  We've even been doing car trips sans pull-ups on and that's been going very well.  I imagine we could have done the toilet training earlier, but with the move I just didn't want to address it.  Now (knock on wood) it looks like we may not even need those two packs of pull-ups that are on the boat!
staring longingly at the toddler equipment
at least the bumblebee isn't locked up
 We go Victoria Park pretty much every day, and many days we also go to Goldwell Park.  The video above is from Victoria Park, which has just gotten in some new play equipment.  The big kid's section is all open, and the toddler section is only partially open.  Green grass everywhere, though, of course.  A few days ago I apparently spun Zoe a bit to hard on one of the equipment pieces, and she ended up puking on her rain jacket.  Oops.  Lesson learned.  
just a swing
Baby may go on more of the equipment than Z does
she goes everywhere with us, though usually without her clothes on
the smaller swings at Goldwell
the baby swings at Goldwell (which Baby gets to ride in)
Yesterday we did get the keys to the house, but as I said no sign of the boat yet.  We're still moving into the house tomorrow, though, with the previously mentioned goods from Ikea.  Kyle and I purchased a mattress to plop down on the floor.  It will certainly be an empty house for a few weeks.  Thank heavens for the nice weather! I think I'm most looking forward to the toys and the books.  We have been on an insane repeat of Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy over and over and over again, with Zoe even requiring a change of names to 'Zoe' and 'Zoe's little brother' (no - no news! she's just hooked on the idea of a brother, apparently). We can't check out books from the library until we get a bill at the new address, which will be a lifesaver.


No comments: