Monday, July 11, 2011

The Cotswalds

On Saturday we headed up to the Cotswalds, near Chipping Camden, and also hit this amazing lavender farm. It was a nice leisurely Saturday driving around, with a few stops in some old towns, and a nice 'jaunt' at the lavender farm, which we were able to wander freely around and headed into the gift shop right as it started raining - perfect timing.  The farm was gorgeous, lavender stretching quite a ways, the smell absolutely amazing.  But the noise - I wish I had captured a good video of the noise, but it was just too windy.  The bees were everywhere, and quite loud. A bit freaky for me, but Kyle and Zoe seemed to have no problem at all. A very pleasant Saturday indeed.
hide and seek around an old marketplace
lunch!

I swear that guy in the blue shirt and sunglasses looked exactly like my Uncle Mike
Zoe the map reader
Kyle was super excited to find the entrance to the mines of Moria at a local church
lavender ice cream during the rain break

No comments: