We did indeed arrive in England!
A long plane ride, but Zoe slept for 3 hours, which we were very thankful for. There was a melt down when she awoke, but we eventually resorted to Olivia on the iPad. Headphones were apparently completely unacceptable at this point ('How dare you suggest such an awful thing?!'), so all of our seat mates were treated to several episodes. Zoe thought all of the food was equally unacceptable (who can really blame her?), though she did eat the chocolate chips off of the top of the gluten-free cookie bar on Kyle's veggie meal. She basically subsisted on Skittles, milk, juice, and water. And then crashed on the car ride out to Newbury. As did I. The driver almost gave up on us as it took an hour and a half(!) to go through customs (long lines) and collect our bags (broken conveyor belt). We moved into our temporary temporary-apartment, got some basics, and fought jet lag as best as possible, which Zoe proved to be the best at combatting.
Friday Kyle headed off to work, Zoe and I putzed around town, took naps, and enjoyed the perfectly amazing weather.
Saturday we took the car out along country roads (aaccckkk! I nearly had a heart attack! There is no way in h£ll I'm driving over here!), to a cute pub, walked along some country paths (they go right through private property here - you just open a gate, pass through, and shut it behind you), ran into a friendly horse, ran into a 13c. church, then back driving through the country roads (aaccckkk! I nearly had another heart attack! There is no way in h£ll I'm driving over here, definitely!). We piled everything into the car (sans me - I walked), and moved into our temporary apartment.
For the past few days we've been into London on day trips to visit with Omi, Pops, Auntie Em, and Ross, who are wrapping up their European adventure.
We've had a wonderful time so far, and once I get a computer set up I hope to post more, including photos.
Brilliant then!
Cheers!
1 comment:
YEA! I've been thinking about you guys and am happy to here that you made it safely across the pond:) Please do send pics as frequently as possible. We will not get tired of them - ever. When will your house be ready? I can't remember what you told me. Love you guys.
Post a Comment