Anyways, here's a picture of a Corbu building on Harvard campus - I volunteered to 'herd' attendees on a walking tour of Harvard. The tour was actually my highpoint - the woman who gave the tour was excellent - she works out of Somerville, spent a year at the GSD, and then transferred to MIT (this was in the 70s I believe). Very knowledgeable, great at answering questions, and really responded to the group's interests. I have to say, though, that herding a bunch of architects on a tour is tough work - they're either lagging behind because they're taking too many photos or because they are hooked to their 'crackberries.' Figures.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
AIA Convention '08
You may recall that last year I went to the AIA Convention in San Antonio - it was so close, stayed with a friend, and I received free entry since it was my first year as an AIA member. I had a great time and was super energized coming back to work. Well, this year I also ventured out - location was great (Boston in May - perfect weather!), stayed with friends (including their pets Lucy (dog) and Puma (cat)), and received free entry and flight costs because I was granted a young professionals scholarship. I have to say, that while the location was indeed wonderful, and it was great to catch up with friends in Boston, I was not that impressed with the convention. Many of the seminars were repeats from last year, and the 3 keynotes didn't quite measure up to the 3 keynotes last year. Ah well.
Anyways, here's a picture of a Corbu building on Harvard campus - I volunteered to 'herd' attendees on a walking tour of Harvard. The tour was actually my highpoint - the woman who gave the tour was excellent - she works out of Somerville, spent a year at the GSD, and then transferred to MIT (this was in the 70s I believe). Very knowledgeable, great at answering questions, and really responded to the group's interests. I have to say, though, that herding a bunch of architects on a tour is tough work - they're either lagging behind because they're taking too many photos or because they are hooked to their 'crackberries.' Figures.
Anyways, here's a picture of a Corbu building on Harvard campus - I volunteered to 'herd' attendees on a walking tour of Harvard. The tour was actually my highpoint - the woman who gave the tour was excellent - she works out of Somerville, spent a year at the GSD, and then transferred to MIT (this was in the 70s I believe). Very knowledgeable, great at answering questions, and really responded to the group's interests. I have to say, though, that herding a bunch of architects on a tour is tough work - they're either lagging behind because they're taking too many photos or because they are hooked to their 'crackberries.' Figures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment