Wednesday, May 28, 2008

week 23/24-ish update



So, just an update for those of you who can't see me up close and personal. I've tried to capture my feet in the photo, but its really not the same as in real life. I took this when for some reason my left foot de-swelled (notice the veins and ankle!) while my right remained swollen. It's more dramatic in person when you can atually press a thumb into the flesh and the imprint just sort of stays there for a while. Most of the women in my prenatal yoga classes have started having swollen extremity issues, as Austin's already had 3 or 4 100-degree or plus days - looks like I'm in for a hot summer. I now wear flip-flops, or recently purchased shoes that are a 1/2 size larger than normal. All of my other shoes I've put away with most of my non-pregnancy clothes. Meanwhile, here's a shot of the growing orb that is the kiddo (note that it was taken after a yoga class, so I'm not looking all that great. We went to a wedding this past Saturday, and I really should have taken a photo then, all dolled up. Would've been so much better....). We're sort of referring to the bump as 'Sputnik.' We found out that it means traveller within a traveller, and thought that seemed rather appropriate. The kid kicks non-stop, which is reassuring. And this past weekend we actually saw it moving from the outside - my skin visibly bumped from a kick or a punch.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So fun! I love the update- you look great! I remember those alien movements inside... it's so cool to experience! How odd that one ankle swells while the other doesn't... poor thing, it's going to be a hot summer!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry it's this hot already! I can tell you that having Will in October after the hottest August on record was no fun! Here's to a freak change in the weather for your sake!