
Today is the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Every year I try to participate in the Austin Race for the Cure - whether by actually running/walking or 'Sleeping in for the Cure.' The race this year is November 2nd, and myself, Zoe, and Mom/Grandma will all be participating! Not sure if I'll make it the whole 5k, but we'll certainly try - I'm hoping I'll be pretty well healed from the Cesarean by then. We would all certainly appreciate your help in raising funds for research for breast cancer. Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if by the time Zoe was in her 30s she didn't have to worry about the possibility of breast cancer affecting her or her loved ones lives?!
Any donation amount is greatly appreciated - Austin is continuing the Power of 10 this year. Imagine what a difference 10 people each contributing $10 can make. Now imagine if those ten people each got 10 of their friends to donate and/or participate - what a difference we can all make with just $10! If donating isn't up your alley, I'd certainly appreciate words of support, or if you're feeling adventurous, wake up early that morning and join us in the race! And if you're out of town, try Sleeping in for the Cure!
Thanks to everyone for the support - last year you guys raised over $250 on my behalf - I'd certainly love to beat that this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment