Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vacations Are Good for You, Medically Speaking

So really, obviously, we were very fortunate to be able to live in Munich for 6 months. Kyle was working, but for me there were quite a bit of vacations involved. And everyonceinawhile even Kyle was able to take some time off of work. Previous to that, I think the last time we had taken a vacation (just the two of us, and not for any other reason like visiting family or going to a wedding) was our honeymoon - in 2002!

So, frankly, I'm not that surprised by this article. I get 10 vacation days a year, plus holidays. By the time you take out events like weddings, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, there really isn't that much time to actually take a vacation. That's one of the reasons why Kyle's birthday surprise was so wonderful - it was a real vacation, and worth it even if I did have to take some time off without pay. Now if only I could somehow swing that every year... :)

No comments: