From a feature on Peter Gluck in Metropolis Magazine:
The poor state of architectural education also explains why after paying more than $100,000 for a degree, graduates are forced to apprentice for three years while other people sign off on their work, and are finally charged another $2,000 to get a license that a professional degree should prepare them for in the first place. “That’s the kind of shit the AIA would do,” he says. “The profession is already built on the backs of young architects—if they were really concerned, the last thing they would do would be to punish young people coming into the field.”
While I don't necessarily agree with the entire article (I think at least my local AIA is quite involved in improving the profession), there are definitely parts that I'm in total agreement with. Metropolis Magazine is really a great, thorough design magazine. Need to save up some money (and time to read it) for a regular subscription!
No comments:
Post a Comment