Friday, May 01, 2009

Adventures

We've had quite the bit of adventures lately:

playing with kites in the park
(hard to get the shot below - Zoe kept reaching for the black box)

dancing
(this is a long video - even Zoe gets bored toward the end -
but we had to stick out the song!)


eating frozen yogurt
(notice I put sunscreen on Zoe, but totally forgot myself)

growing vegetables
we ate the zucchini below a few short days later
but we're still waiting on the tomatoes and tomatillos


made baby food from the carrots from our farm basket
(from Tecolote)


put together a new composter
(Kyle's birthday present from his family)
this one requires a sort of key to get in -
beat that you pesky squirrels!

watching Zoe pull-up
(not regularly yet, but she's working on it)


And our first emergency room visit - we didn't bother to bring the camera for that one.
No worries, we're all mending now. Zoe was having some difficulty breathing, because she apparently has croup. We went through screaming during a steroid shot, a screaming session of a nebulizer treatment, several screaming sessions of x-rays (holding her down is the worst thing I've had to do to my own child), and eventually got home at 3:30am or so. Her temperature has been gone for a while, though the coughing and hoarseness are still hanging around. I feel so bad for the poor kid. Whenever she coughs, she looks at me as if asking why I don't just stop this misery already? I certainly wish I could.

No comments: