Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Vote!


If you're in Texas, today's the day to vote! I'm heading out to caucus (the 'Texas Two Step') and will report back...should be interesting.

UPDATE
So, turns out that our precinct has the 2nd most delegates to the county convention, which is exciting. The polling place only holds 90-some people according to code, so we basically convened outside in the yard - thankfully it was not too cold of a nite. There were at least 300 people there - absolutely amazing. The voting didn't finish until about 8pm, at which point we were able to sign in to officially caucus and vote. I got through the line around 8:45, and there were probably still 1/2 of the people yet to sign in. It's really great to be able to participate in another form of voting.
Now, I don't think the returns will be in for quite a while, so we'll have to wait til tomorrow to see how the democratic party divides up.

No comments: