Saturday, February 17, 2007

Winding down

Well, finished my most recent batch of classes on Wednesday - German is difficult, but I've definitely noticed an improvement in my understanding of people and signs, even if I can't necessarily talk back.
Kyle was in Budapest and another smaller town in Hngary and now he is in Switzerland near Zurich skiing. Today with my American friends here we're having a baby shower for the Rice archi that is living here.
With friends I've recently been going to one of the public pools here (Nordbad), and its pretty great. They have one large indoor pool and then this great heated outdoor pool, which is awesome in the cold. No more snow here, but apparently its really beautiful when it is snowing outside. They also have a sauna, hot tub, and other things. It's pretty relaxing to go with friends, and it only costs 3.40 euro for 3 hours, which is perfect.
Our friends Jill and Michael arrive on Thursday, which will be great to have visitors again. Fasching is Tuesday, meanwhile, which is supposed to be pretty fun. I've decided all the leftover Halloween costumes from the US come to Germany for Fashcing. On the donuts they make here for the season (Krapfen) they even have some that are decorated with pumpkin/spider plastic things on top. Check out all of the many varieties here - this place apparently has the best in Munich.
After Jill and Michael leave we head out to Milan and Venice. We've been to Venice several times before, but never stayed in the city overnight, which should be fun.
I'm having a hard time believing that our time here is almost up. I's been really great, and Ithink these Bvarians really have a pretty good quality of life.

No comments: