Friday, October 13, 2006

Woher kommen Sie?


Well, I started my language lessons this past Wednesday - I jumped into a class that started on Monday, but I've been able to catch up just fine with Kyle's help. So far we've done the basics of My name is__, I am ___ years old, I come from ___, I am a ___ for my job. And lots of counting. My class has bout 15 people in it, from all over - I am the only American, there are people from Turkey, Tunesia, Iraq, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Portugal, Brazil, Afghanistan, and I forget where else. German truly is the only common language, which means that our teacher does a lot of acting to get everyone to understand what words mean. But we're getting there!

Meanwhile, some of Kyle's co-workers were kind enough to invite me to a 'Girl's Nite' last night. We played Cranium - in German! It was a ton of fun, even though I didn't understand quite a bit of it. The girls were all very good about speaking English though and translating for me. A new word I learned - Butterfahrt!

No comments: